An experiment on the application of procedural generation to illustration. Through the creation of a series of tiles and following a set of simple placement rules, I developed a system with which images of random plants can be built.
My alphabet for 2017's edition of 36 days of type.
Personal illustration project, exploring the aesthetics of brutalism through modular, geometric buildings.
As part of my thesis project for Uvigo's Masters in Art Direction for Publicity I developed an image redesign proposal for local company Industrias Ferri, specialised in machinery for maritime operations.
The redesign was around a new logotype which aimed to replicate the attributes of their industrial machinery and the use of a strong action-oriented photographic approach.
Ultimately the proposal was not applied.
A collection of various lettering projects.
Illustrations inspired by pull quotes from a mid 70's book about the future, now our present. Some were more prescient than others, but I find all of them humorous.
I wanted to create a series of numbers made to fit inside a predetermined box in such a way that they'd always touch it's four edges. This is the result.
After making these numbers, they had to be used for something. I went for an Op Art inspired print.
Some illustrations done for fun.
My first screenprint poster.
I came up with this with this poster when exploring the manipulation of digital type through analogue methods of manipulation.
Orballo is Galician for morning dew or a thin, persistent rain.
Prints for a restaurant's decoration.
Display alphabet. All letters and symbols are built by cuts made in the walls of a 3ᴅ polygon with an hexagonal base.
The glyphs would be impossible to see from all but one viewpoint. The whole project is made with care to avoid any floating bits or other impossible elements.